Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Due Date

So today was my due date. But, as everyone knows, Dayton was born 10 weeks early. I am so thankful for the doctors and nurses in the NICU at St. Francis for taking such wonderful care of him. Dr. De Soler is amazing and there are just too many great nurses to even name.

Dayton now weighs 8lbs!! Wonder if that's any indication of what he would've weighed had he gone full-term. If so, I don't think I could've handled something his size coming out of me!! I was able to have a natural childbirth & skip the epidural but if he would've been a full-term baby I don't think I could have! I would've definately wanted that epidural.

Since Dayton's birthday is on Christmas Eve, we want to celebrate on another day so he doesn't get overlooked. We thought March 3 since that was his due date. Then we thought June 3 since that will be in the summer & 6-months after his real birthday. We have a swimming pool so some pool parties would be nice! What do y'all think??

Yesterday we FINALLY took some family pictures of all 3 of us. Why it took us this long I have no idea. Chuck & I rarely went to the hospital at the same time...or I wouldn't be decent enough to take a picture.



Lastly, I want to thank my husband for giving me such an amazing gift. Dayton is the best thing we could ever hope for and dream of. He's completely changed out lives & captured our hearts like you wouldn't believe. So...Thank you Chuck for giving me a teeny tiny spitting image of yourself!


2 comments:

  1. He is growing up so fast! He's such a sweetheart & you have a beautiful family! I know Dayton is blessed to have you as a Mommy.. and I know you are blessed to have him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww:) i would go with the due date for his celebration day!who knows he might get a swim party around that day!lol

    ReplyDelete